How To: Prepare For Grease Live!
1. We should start the way we always start things involving Aaron Tveit: By watching countless videos of him on YouTube. To get you started, here are a few of my favorites: Aaaaannnnndd.... A shameless plug: 2. Plan a watch party with friends. Nothing is better than watching musicals with friends... and food. 3. Get yourself ready to live tweet the show. If you don't have a Twitter, now would be the time to set one up. Know the official hashtags and the Twitter handles of th
Must-Haves for an Aspiring YouTuber
1. A Good Camera I have two cameras I use when making YouTube videos. I have a Canon 70D and a Canon Rebel T3i. I generally use the 70D more often, just because it is the better camera of the two. 2. A Tripod Invest in a tripod. Seriously. Shaky footage can take a video from amazing to "eh" really quickly. Now, if you're dong a vlog and need to be walking around a lot, that's a different story. I hardly ever use a tripod while vlogging. 3. A Subscription To a Royalty Free Mu
Some of My Favorite Places in NYC
Since I'm back in New York, I thought I'd share some of my favorite places in New York City! 1. Schmackary's: This is hands down the best place in the world to get cookies. They feature classic flavors as well as fun flavors you've probably never tried before. My personal favorite cookie there is the Maple Bacon Cookie. 2. Broadway Dance Center: Located on West 45th street, this is my favorite place to take drop-in dance classes in the city. They have classes for all levels a
How To Be Mentally and Physically Prepared For Your Audition
1. Get a good nights sleep the night before 2. Eat a healthy breakfast/ lunch and steer clear of foods that you know have an affect on your voice. 3. Drink plenty of water and tea. 4. Take a hot shower or use a steamer to clear out your sinuses. 5. Stretch and warm up your voice. 6. Wake up with enough time to do all of these things and get dressed. 7. Pick out your outfit in advance. 8. Have your music, headshot/resume, and audition bag ready to go the night before 9. Check
Theatre Lovers Guide To Broadway Shows
First thing to understand: Most Broadway shows run eight shows a week. Tuesday through Sunday, with the exception of holiday schedules. Most shows are dark on Mondays, meaning there isn't a show that day. For most Broadway shows, "two-show days" are on Wednesday and Saturday. Most shows do only a matinee on Sunday, but some shows have Sunday evening shows as well. There ARE ways to see shows without paying outrageous prices.. Most Broadway shows have rush tickets, standing ro
How To Create A Brand For Yourself
Think about some of your favorite actors, bloggers, YouTubers, or musicians. What are some things that come to mind when you think of their names? For example: What are some of the first things that come to mind when you think of Lesli Margherita? Maybe Queen? Sassy? Sparkles? Confident? Q and AaAaAaaaAaa? This is no coincidence. This is all part of the brand she has made for herself. What about Andrew Keenan-Bolger? Maybe some words that come to mind are: Submissions Only? S
This is my Self Portrait video from my eCommunications class. It highlights who I am and what I am all about!
How To Get Ready in 15 Minutes or Less!
1. Hop in the shower. Don't forget to put your hair up! You do not have time to dry that. ( 2-3 minutes) 2.Get dressed. Set out all of your clothes the night before. This will make getting dressed in the morning much easier. (2 minutes) 3. Brush your hair. If you have short hair, or long hair that is mostly straight anyway, you probably have time to straighten it. (3-5 min) 4. Pick 3 makeup items that are most important to you, and only do those. For me, that would probably b
My Daily Makeup 2016
1. Foundation (Clinique) For a long time I struggled to find a foundation I liked. One that I used to have even caused me to break out, and I'm don't really have sensitive skin, so that was a wake up call for me to change my foundation. I found this foundation that I love. It's fairly lightweight and has acne fighting solution in it to help stop breakouts! 2. Contour (Stila Contour Palette) Okay, real talk: If I had to throw away all of my makeup and could only keep one thi